Welcome to St Anthony’s Catholic Primary School Clovelly website.
I hope that our visitors to this website will gain an insight into our dynamic and caring school community and that our parents and students will enjoy visiting our website.
Our school motto of ‘Love and Service’ is central to our school community. We strive to live out the Gospel values of Jesus each day in a supportive and caring environment that acknowledges and celebrates the gifts and talents of all those in the community – students, staff, parents and carers so that they can make a difference to the world in which we live.
Through the learning programs that are offered, we strive to provide a range of educational experiences for all students that will challenge, motivate and encourage them to achieve great success.
The staff at St Anthony’s are highly professional and dedicated. We work as a team to ensure that every effort is made to provide teaching and learning programs that are innovative, engaging and in keeping with current developments in education.
We recognise the contribution made by our parents to the life of the school and the learning programs for our students.
I am privileged to be the principal of such a dynamic school community.
Ms Kim Whyte-Southcombe.
St Anthony’s Catholic Primary School Clovelly opened as a primary and secondary school with 45 students in 1918 and was staffed by the Sisters of St Joseph. In 1922, the second storey of the school opened with 220 students. St Anthony’s became solely a primary school in 1963. The three unique charisms of the Sisters of St Joseph, the Presentation Sisters and the Michaelite Fathers are celebrated through history, prayer and liturgy.
Challenged by the good news of Jesus Christ, we seek to bring life to our motto of ‘Love and Service’ in a welcoming, hope-filled and compassionate community of learning.
We are committed to:
- Collaboratively searching for the best means of realising the partnership between family, school and parish
- Making the traditions and teachings of Catholic heritage accessible and life giving for each other
- Inviting and encouraging children to reach their full and whole potential
- Assisting to live life with joy and meaning in the present, and to develop a critical and inquiring spirit of past and present for transformation of the future
- Leading children to confidently know that they can make a positive difference in society
- Working together to provide a pleasant, attractive physical environment, and an equitable distribution of school resources
- Actively reflecting on our mission and evaluating success and failure in the light of the Gospel, to open new directions for the future.
At St Anthony’s Catholic Primary School Clovelly, our vision for student learning is that they are:
- Confident individuals
- Creative minds
- Connected learners.
The area that is now Clovelly parish was originally part of the Franciscan district administrated from Waverley, where Franciscan community was established from Ireland in 1879.
This first parish building was a one storey church school designed and built by Mr Moriraty of Melbourne and the the first Mass was celebrated in it on the fourth Sunday of Advent, 23 December 1917, by Fr Kelly.
This first parish building now forms the lower part of the ground floor of the current school.
Saturday: Vigil 5.00pm
Sunday: 8.00am, 10.00am
Proudly Part of the Community of Sydney Catholic Schools
Our school is part of a system of over 150 low-fee Catholic schools in the Sydney Archdiocese.
Sydney Catholic Schools are thriving Catholic communities that ignite a love of Christ through excellent teaching and learning to empower students to reach their full potential.